MNCAR – Monthly Spotlight- Lisa Diehl, CCIM, CPM
- In one sentence, what do you want MNCAR members to know about your business? A boutique real estate firm that diligently strives to get deals completed.
- What was your most interesting project of the year and why? Securing a large industrial property for a client with a highly competitive environment and little or no inventory available! The project was a collaborative transaction with Bryan Van Hoof and Jeff Przytarski with CBRE and one of my partners, Cory Miller. We had some challenges along the way and were able to put our heads together to get the deal to the finish line. The happy seller and the happy buyer also have become friends.
- What is the next place on your travel bucket list? My husband and I aren’t wandering too far in 2022 as we will be rebuilding our family cabin in northern Minnesota. One exciting trip we will be taking is a fly in to Isle Royale to spend a few days enjoying the outdoors with the moose and wolves.
- What is the most encouraging thing you see for the future of the CRE industry? The one which floats to the top is the impact Covid has played on ‘technology’ in our industry. We were moving along at a reasonable pace with what now appears to be a ‘snail’s pace’ with the advancement of technology. A lot has happened technology adoption in an incredibly compressed time. Think of all of the advancements and efficiencies we’ve recently seen and how they have impacted the real estate industry: touchless elevators, contactless menu QR code ordering systems, robots moving inventory, voice technology, etc. There will be an even faster acceleration of digitalization and automation across the board.
- What would you tell other CRE professionals about the need to join MNCAR? I serve on the retail advisory committee and see firsthand how hard the MNCAR and Catalyst staff works to provide our members with updated market data, listing information. There is a lot of valuable market tools and information at our fingertips.